Thursday 18 June 2009

The Pleasures (?) of Driving

Just to continue yesterday’s theme. The Phillips Family will be heading for Tunisia in four weeks time, and I have been assured that Garry has now got luggage packing off to a fine art, having a bag which is the largest you can take on as hand luggage and using that. He manages to get in it a pair of jeans, a pair of suit trousers, 2 shirts and a t shirt, wash bag, and a laptop. He also manages to fit in his underwear. Crafty traveller that he is this also avoids the wait at the luggage carousel! However, when all the family fly to Tunisia….well we will wait and see!









A fellow Blogger has had cause for celebrations. He took his driving theory test yesterday and passed it.

To quote from his blog:

“The big thing I mentioned in my last blog that I was doing today was my driving theory test, for the third time, which I'm pleased to say I passed. So, once again, I am able to proudly proclaim that I CAN drive (in theory).”








Eventually he is going to become a fully fledged driver and sooner or later (so the law of averages states) he may well experience the need to call upon his insurance service. Now if any accident happens which is attributable to him, here are a few very good excuses I have gleaned from various sources over the years.






I collided with a stationary tramcar coming in the opposite direction.

To avoid a collision I ran into the other car.

The accident was due to an invisible lorry narrowly missing me.






The other man altered his mind and I had to run over him.

A bull was standing nearby and a fly must have tickled him because he gored my car.

A cow wandered into my car. I was afterwards informed that the cow was half witted.






Coming home I turned into the wrong drive and collided with a tree I haven’t got.

I would consider neither vehicle was to blame, but if either was to blame it was the other one.

The bloke was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.






An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

The accident was caused by me waving to a man I hit last week.




No comments:

Post a Comment