Sunday 21 June 2009

Father's Day (part two)

Well here it is - Father's Day has arrived at last!








We've just returned from a surprise picnic with Garry, Rachel, and grandchildren Mollie & Tom. Garry and Rachel have an allotment, and we spent a very pleasant afternoon sitting out in their allotment eating, and drinking and watching the world go by. Rachel has dragged me kicking and screaming into the twenty first century, by presenting me with an i-pod shuffle. So now I will have to gen up on the necessary information to download lots of music onto it. I have been told "If in doubt consult Mollie" (who is somewhat of an expert on these things!) and I have already been given a first lesson on the basics by her.






We took Ruby (our Labrador) with us, and she has probably put in two or three miles by being taken for walks with both Mollie and Tom. (She spent the rest of the day dozing in the sunshine, after being spoilt rotten and fed sausages, french fries, ham sandwiches in home baked bread etc.)



It's no surprise that Ruby is exhausted as she had been taken for a walk by our middle daughter Sarah, before the excursions with Mollie and Tom, and had walked into Bingley and spent a good deal of time swimming in the river. Needless to say, when Sarah called her to come she was loath to leave the water!



Sarah had arrived earlier in the day bearing Father's Day gifts - a bottle of red wine, and an autobiography of Parkinson, and a new sports shirt. We had been out for a meal with Sarah, Greg and Olivia last night and the meal and wine took their toll on me. For the first time ever, I managed to fall asleep during the sermon at church! Luckily, being the organist I am hidden away out of sight, and even more luckily not only did I not fall off the organ bench, but I woke up before the end of the sermon!

1 comment:

  1. Lets hope the Vicar doesn't read this blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete