Saturday 13 June 2009

My Best Friend Miffy

During the time we have owned a dog I have noticed that there seems to be two distinct groups of people. Those who do not like dogs, and in some cases are frightened of them, usually because they have had a bad experience with a dog, and those who will instantly approach our dog and pet her.

I follow a blog called “Wife in the North” which tells of the adventures of a housewife who was persuaded by her husband to move from London up to Bamburgh. Judith, the wife had bought 2 guinea pigs for her children, and the first pair disappeared. She quickly replaced them (hoping the children may not notice) but sadly the second pair, in effect, “disappeared”. It turned out that all four had provided a tasty meal for a stoat.





During the course of these events, (and before she bought a second pair) she received advice from many of her blog followers on what to buy instead of guinea pigs. I, of course, suggested a Labrador, but one lady who had read my comments said that a Labrador had worried and frightened her pet rabbit.




I hasten to add that our soft beastie not only seems to love the rabbit we have, but treats it like a puppy, licking it at every possible opportunity. The rabbit seems to be totally unafraid of Ruby (our Labrador) indeed in some ways she appears to boss Ruby around!





Only yesterday, Ruby was sat contentedly on the lawn, when Miffy (the rabbit) decided she would like to have a nip of Ruby’s tail! I’ve never seen Ruby move so fast! I don’t know if it was shock or surprise!

I’ve included a few photos of the two of them in this blog – just to show you I’m not kidding you!



PS from Ruby. I really do like Miffy. She's a cute furry little bundle, and I try to mother her. Being much larger than her I think it is my duty to protect her. The missus & billatbingley went out for a meal tonight with their middle daughter and grand daughter and they left me in the house all on my own, but being a big brave dog I kept guard for them. Then youngest daughter and fiancee called and took me out for a walk. Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment