Sunday 11 December 2011

We're Getting There!

I'm slowly working my way through the Christmas committments. A fortnight ago things looked absolutely chock-a-block, and to be honest I wondered how I would be able to fit it all in! Having reached December 11th (which means only 14 days to go to Christmas Day!!) things are looking a bit more manageable.

I started off today by dropping Mollie & Tom off at home (they had slept with us last night) and then followed the usual 10.30 Family Service, then after a quick lunch I was up in Oxenhope at the Sue Ryder Manorlands Home with my Male Voice Choir, where they were leading the singing for the annual Festival of Lights. We were accompanied by the Salvation Army Brass Band - a new experience for the choir, who have never sung with a brass band before.

This was a lovely and touching service where relatives who have lost a person to cancer can come together and remember them and have a candle lit in their memory.

There were somewhere in the region of 150 people there, and I am sure that they appreciated the words and readings which were used in the service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment