Wednesday 7 December 2011

Keep Away Winter Weather

I've just arrived back home after playing a rehearsal for the Reception/Year One children's Nativity Play.

As my play script is liberally littered with cues for songs, music effects etc, I thought it would be a good idea to retype it and type my music cues on to the copy. It's only 4 A4 sheets of type so it doesn't take too long, and to be honest with everything typed up it is much more easy to follow!

I was about half way through doing this when Dot called me to the front bedroom window. This was what I saw.


It was a very dark sky with a rainbow protruding from the lower edge of the rainclouds.



I then went into our back bedroom and once again a peculiar sky caught my attention. This time there was a very watery and hazy sky with the sun trying its best to penetrate the sleet showers.



A couple of minutes later, the sleet shower had passed and there was much more daylight in the sky.




So far we have been very fortunate with the weather. There has only been some signs of wintry weather this last week, and that has been a drop in temperatures to around freezing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the snow stays off until after Saturday as I have a wedding to play for at Hazlewood Castle (near Tadcaster) which is about a 55 minutes journey from home.



 Hazlewood Chapel - (The organ is to the right behind the three candles)


Hazlewood Chapel - exterior


Hazlewood Castle. (The chapel is the building on the left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment