Friday 23 December 2011

Family Meet Up and Birthday Celebrations

Yesterday was a day of celebrations. Firstly it was the occasion of the big "Family Meet Up" when the Australian branch of the family, and all the English side of the family got together over a lunchtime meal at one of the Brewers
Fayre establishments.



David & Karen, not really singing Carols, but selecting their meal from the menu!



Jane, David & Karen


Secondly it was my birthday. The first thing I did in the morning was open a mysterious present from our lovely next door neighbours. Someone had most definitely been doing their homework, because there was a super pair of socks with the motif "Trust Me I'm a Musician" I shall be wearing them on Christmas Day! Thank you LN's (those of you who are uninitiated - Lovely Neighbours)






I then proceeded to open my birthday cards. I received one from our good friends Gordon & Sue, which really tickled my fancy. Sue has established a reputation in our household of always finding a very funny and suitable card, whatever the situation, and she did me proud this year. With me approaching the biblical Three Score & Ten, in a few years time, she selected this card as suitable for me.....



Fast Lane, Slow Lane, General Bewilderment Lane..




Members of the family joining in the celebrations.


Mollie

Olivia, Sarah & Mollie

Hannah, still in  Jamaican Mode

 

Hannah, Sarah, Olivia & Dot

Rachel, Becky & Mollie


We have a sign in our kitchen which states "Family is Everything" and they were today. It was lovely to see them all joining in the celebrations and enjoying themselves. Thank You girls for the birthday presents and cards - you did me proud!

Thank you also to the Robinson side of the family for the Thornton Chocolates and bottles of wine, and to Sue & Gordon for the box of chocolates!

As an extra surprise I was taken out to our favourite local restaurant - the Aagrah in Shipley. On the way there my good lady instructed me to take the outside lane as we approached the roundabout in Saltaire. I pointed out that thsi was not the correct lane, and then she had to "spill the beans" - we were collecting Gordon & Sue, who were joining us at the Aagrah! Convivial company, a favourtie meal, what more could one ask for? A very enjoyable end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment