Wednesday 14 December 2011

Funerals versus Nativity Plays!



Cripes! you may be wondering. Has he gone in for the Gothic Horror Effects?


No not really - its just that this blog is about funerals. Nothing gory or "X" rated. Let me explain.

I often have a spate of funerals to play for, and then for some unaccountable reason - nothing!

It's only within the last week or so that I have been informed by "she who must be obeyed" that the funeral directors must have got somebody else to play for them. Then, lo and behold, the phone rings just before teatime and the gentleman on the other end of the line is one of the local funeral directors. "Can you play for a funeral on Monday?", he asks.

During the course of conversation he is asked (very politely of course) what has happened to the funerals over the last week or so, and I am told they have almost "dried up." The local crem has been averaging one a day!

Well if that has been the demand for the crem catering for the Bingley/Baildon/Shipley area then there's no wonder I haven't been asked to play for any funerals, and its probably just as well because I've been up to my ears with Nativity Plays - which, lets face it, are far more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment