Tuesday 20 December 2011

A Bit of a Respite before the Final Fling

This is the week when things calm down a bit! I suppose you could say it is the calm before the storm.

There are no Carol Services, no School Nativity Plays, no concerts for the male voice choir, Indeed if I'm not careful I will start to enjoy the peace, calm, tranquillity and monotony of it all!


However things begin to achieve a seasonal norm come Thursday. That is the day of the big family get together, when we join up with our Australian part of the family - Oh! and in case you've forgotten, it's my birthday too!

There was the possibility of me being needed to play for a wedding at Hazlewood Castle near Tadcaster on Friday, but as I have had no contact from the Bride to be I am now pretty sure that this is not going to happen!

Then things start to achieve the seasonal norm once again on Saturday 24th, with a Nativity Play and Christingle Service at church commencing at 6.00 pm., (This usually results in the church being packed to the rafters), followed by a midnight Eucharist commencing at 11.30 pm, and a Christmas Day Eucharist on Sunday morning at 10.30 am.

The Bentley Boxing Day Party follows on the Monday, with Tuesday as a day of recuperation, then we head off to the Kings Head at Masham for two days of peace and tranquillity!

No comments:

Post a Comment