Saturday 10 April 2010

The New Baby Has Arrived (Nothing to do with Dolly!)

Yesterday when I got back home from taking Nana to hospital, and doing a “Big Shop” at Booths, there was a large brown envelope at the back of the door. It was stamped as being posted in Manchester, and it contained what I hoped would be the papers for the Meriva. For once the DVLA had got something right, and all the necessary paperwork had been completed and upon presentation of the documents at the garage I could have my old plates transferred to the Meriva and collect the car from Nidderdale Motors in Pately Bridge.

So this morning after dropping the good lady off for work I went over to Pateley Bridge to collect the Meriva.

I had always vowed that when I took delivery of another car which would have the same plates transferred to it, I would take a photo of both cars together, showing the same plates. I had never got round to doing this on the last two transfers, but this time I managed to do it!



I left Ruby sprawled full length on the floor of the office in the garage whilst I was talking to the salesman, and after about ten minutes a garage hand turned up with Ruby on her lead. “Has anybody lost this dog?” he asked. “It’s just wandered into the garage!” She had obviously got fed up of waiting and gone to explore!

I had no difficulty in getting her to jump into the Meriva as I had taken her sheepskin and put it on the floor of the Meriva! We then went up to How Stean Gorge Cafe for dinner, and Ruby had a romp around the field there.

She seems to thoroughly approve of the new vehicle and has already given Macey and Pixie a conducted tour of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment