Friday 16 April 2010

The Joys of "Talking Books"

I have enjoyed the Inspector Rebus Novels written by Ian Rankin, since I read his first novel. These have all been best sellers. I think I probably discovered him when I was bought a ticket to attend the Harrogate Crime Writers Festival, a few years ago. One of the authors attending was Ian Rankin, and I purchased three of his Inspector Rebus novels, which he duly signed for me.

I recently changed my car, and the old Zafira had a cassette player in it. The Meriva has a CD player in it. You may well be wondering what changing cars and Ian Rankin novels have in common, but persevere and all will be revealed…..


Ian Rankin


As the regular readers of this blog will be aware, whenever I visit certain towns (Ilkley, Harrogate, Skipton etc.), I usually make it in my way to call in at the charity shops to peruse the shelves for CD’s DVD’s etc. On a recent visit to a charity shop I purchased a 6 CD set of Ian Rankin’s last Inspector Rebus Novel “Exit Music.”

I had to take an early morning trip to Pateley Bridge on Wednesday morning, and then return to Skipton, so I took along the 6 CD set of “Exit Music” and was entertained as I travelled.

If you haven’t discovered Ian Rankin’s Inspector Rebus novels and you enjoy a good crime thriller I can thoroughly recommend them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment