Thursday 22 April 2010

Three Pints of Guiness





Where would we be without the Irish? Here's another of those whimsical Irish Tales.




Patrick walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guiness and sits in the corner of the room, drinking a sip out of each pint in turn. When he had finished all three pints he went back to the bar and ordered three more.



The barman says, "You know a pint goes flat soon after I pull it. Your pint would taste much better if you bought one at a time."



Patrick replies, "Well I have two brothers, one in America and the other in Australia and here I am in Dublin. When we all left home we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we all drank together."



The barman admits that this is a nice custom, and says no more.



Patrick becomes a regular customer and always drinks the same way, ordering three pints and always taking a sip out of each in turn, until they are finished.



One day he comes in and orders just two pints. All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent.



When he goes back to the bar for the second round, the barman says,"I don't want to intrude in your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."



Patrick looks confused for a moment, then the penny drops and he starts to laugh. "Oh no" Bejesus, everyone is fine. 'Tis me.....................................




I've quit drinking!"

1 comment: