Monday 26 April 2010

Less Than Four Months to Go!




Yesterday afternoon Ben and Hannah called round, initially to exercise their dogs (and Ruby!) in the field, and all three of them had a great race around chasing a tennis ball.

They (Hannah and Ben) stayed for some cheese and biscuits, and then I suggested that we get down to the serious business of choosing hymns and music for their wedding.

David, my deputy organist had asked me what I thought they would be choosing, (I think he was hoping it wouldn't be anything too difficult!) and so after playing through most of my Wedding Music repertoire, decisions were made for the music for the Entry of the Bride, the Signing of the Registers, and the Exit of the Bride and Groom.

The choices were quite refreshing, all classical and just a little bit different. One of the pieces I have never played at a wedding or had a request for!

Hymns were chosen too. As Hannah hasn't said wether or not she wants anyone to know what she has chosen its all "under wraps" at the moment! You'll just have to wait and see!

I have notified David, my deputy, and he has already made a special arrangement of one of the pieces they have chosen.

PS I understand today is "D Day" for the choice of flowers at the reception. Hannah and Mum are visiting the lady who does the flower arrangements for the Cavendish Pavilion. As she lives quite near Nana 2 they are also planning on dropping in to see her as well!

I've also spoken to the printers who will be printing the Wedding Invitations and they tell me a sample with the wording we have chosen has been posted to me on Friday, so that should be arriving today. When I approve that and send it back I should have the invitations in my hands within seven days!

No comments:

Post a Comment