Sunday 5 July 2009

A Disasterous Weekend!

You may well be wondering why you have a view of the rear of my car on today's blog.

Read on to find out more!





I went to church as usual this morning, and parked in my usual spot, however I managed to just touch and iron stanchion which supports a set of stairs which lead down from the Scout rooms. There was an almighty Bang! and guess what - the rear windscreen had shattered into millions of tiny fragments of glass.

I phoned Autoglass, only to be told that they could fit me in first thing tomorrow morning. Now we were planning on going over to visit my Mum in law tomorrow, so I persuaded the lady in the office to ring the technician, who was out on a windscreen replacement in Bingley to see if I could be fitted in some time today.

He rang me back to say if I could be down in the Bradford Canal Road depot at 3.30 pm I could have the rear screen replaced then. The problem was I was supposed to be picking wifey up from work at 3.30, so I had to phone her to say I would be delayed.

Fortunately Ben and Hannah had called earlier in the afternoon to take Ruby for a walk, so I didn't need to keep an eye on her whilst I was at the Autoglass Garage, however, Ben and Hannah didn't know I would be at the garage, so I had to phone them to let them know I would be at home when they planned to return Ruby!




The new rear windscreen fitted today by Autoglass


Two days previously our middle daughter’s car had a handbrake failure and ran across the road into another car and also damaged the school gate posts. I’m just left wondering what the third disaster will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment