Friday 12 July 2013

Wow! - Progress Report

Hasn't the weather been amazing over the last week or so? If you think back to last year, at this time, the Great Yorkshire Show was cancelled after one day due to the downpours which watelogged the site.Yet now we have seen the sort of weather we used to expect at this time of year. Whilst I have been "confined to barracks" as it were, I have been making the most of the fine weather, and sitting outside in a chair in the back garden, fairly early in the morning, before the sun got really hot. The good news is, however, that I "took the bull by the horns" (well the car by the steering wheel really) and ventured out for a short drive. After dropping a cheque off at the Yorkshire Clinic I drove down to the bank to do what I laughingly call a "bank raid", then to the garage opposite the church in Bingley to fill the car up with petrol, then up to Woodbank Nurseries so that Dot could buy some plants for the garden. I walked from Chapel Lane to the Bank (with one stick) and from the petrol pump to the garage shop (again with only one stick)so you will see that some progress is being made! Today Dot has an appointment at the Hairdressers at Saltaire, so I will be driving again! I may even venture into Asda in Shipley for an exploratory trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment