Saturday 13 July 2013

More Progress

After about a fortnight of frustration, when nothing appeared to be progressing (at least not at the rate I had expected) I can report some good news. Today, for the first time since long before I had my knee replacement I have managed to climb the stairs in the recognised manner ie one foot after the other and not the hippity hoppity fashion I had adopted for the last few months - right foot up one step, right foot up another step etc. I recall going to the physio department the week before last and the physiotherapist asked me to try and climb up one step using my "operated knee" to lead with. The result was excruciating pain and a few choice swear words! All last week I have been concentrating on getting the operated knee to do a bit more work - basically a series of bending and stretching exercises, which culminated in one where I put the operated knee up a step and swing backwards and forward ten times, then try to climb up the step I am on using the "operated knee" to lead with. "EUREKA!" Today success. I have climbed the full flight of stairs (all thirteen) twice in the recogised manner. Next week the triathlon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment