Sunday 21 July 2013

Rubyblog

Good Morning there all my canine chums! It's Ruby here. Whilst the Lord an Master and the Countess of Cottingley are out I've taken control of the keyboard!

I've been having a look at some of his previous blogs and thought "How Boring!" so I've decided to sit down and write you a blog of my own. I mean, who wants to hear all about knee replacements, physiotherpists and the like?

So let me start off by telling you what I got up to yesterday......

It seems the Lord and Master and the Countess of Cottingley had been invited to a barbecue and as it was with Simon and Sarah I was allowed to go too. They have a little fluffy dog called Raffi, who has a thing about my ears I think the term is he "Earo" worships them. Anyway we arrived up there about 1.30 and were warmly greeted by Simon and Sarah, and guess what......

They had very kindly left me a dish full of Raffi's food out on the kitchen floor. Well it was too much of a temptation not to eat it, (and let's face it, it would have been churlish and ill mannered to refuse it!) so I promptly tucked in.

After a little while, the adults were deep in conversation and Simon disappeared outside, and in a short space of time reappeared with the most delicious smelling burgers and sausages. The table was set in the dining room with all sorts of goodies (and I have to admit that I was almost drooling at the thought of all the delicious food) but I remembered not to beg. I have discovered that my - I'm a poor starving, under nourished, unloved dog look works wonders, and in no time at all I was being fed sausages!

Not long after Raffi and I went for a walk to the nearby copse, and played chase the ball.

Shortly after we returned the gentlemen had retired to the kitchen where they were talking computers, whilst the ladies were in the dining room, deep in animated conversation. Raffi and I went out on to the patio and snoozed gently after our exertions.

I had a really enjoyable time, and the Lord and Master and Countess seemed to have enjoyed themselves too!

No comments:

Post a Comment