Thursday 25 July 2013

Driving, Walking, Visiting Charity Shops, and the Odd CD or Two Purchased

What with all the excitement of the birth of Prince George, the family news tends to have been pushed on one side, so now that the dust has settled let me catch up a little on the more mundane stuff.



After visitng my consultant last week, he declared that I was fit to drive. A visit to my physiotherapist also got the response that I could now start walking (without sticks if I felt secure enough), so taking advantage of these pronouncements and the recent fine weather we visited Settle, Feizor and Austwick.



That meant me paying a call at one of the charity shops (Help the Aged) in Settle, and purchasing a couple of CD's.



This week I have also done a Shopping run to Asda, and whilst I was there I took a  walk around Shipley Market Place, and guess what - there are about six charity shops in the Market Place! Help the Aged, Heart, Scope, Cancer Research, An Animal Charity Shop and the recently opened Martin House Charity Shop.



Well I had been told to do a bit of walking, and a circumnavigation of the Market Place and a visit to all of the Charity Shops certainly seemed to fill the ticket (and cover a good distance), as I had already walked all the aisles in Asda prior to going round all the Charity Shops! Needless to say I picked up a few CD's - all at bargain prices - I mean at 50p a time you can afford to throw them away after you have listened to them, and not feel that you have wasted your money!




On Wednesday (yesterday) I had to call in at the Natwest Bank in Bingley, and again, the Charity Shops were visited. I purchased 9 CD's and four DVD's at the Jubilee Outreach of Yorkshire shop for the bargain price of £4.50! 









A selection of most of the CD's I have purchased from various Charity Shops over the last week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment