Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Best Laid Plans.......

Whilst recuperating from my knee surgery I planned on making a dent in the pile of books I had waiting to be read. My wife bought me the latest Ian Rankin Rebus novel [Standing in Another Man's Grave] for Christmas (2012) and it had laid on my bedside locker, unopened, due to the pile of books still waiting to be read. Broad hints had been dropped ("Are you ever going to read that book I bought you for Christmas?") so I took it with me into the Yorkshire Clinic, and by the time I came out I had read it!

It had been my plan to read some more books when I returned home. Indeed I did start a book by John Betjeman and a Val McDermid novel too, but waking in the early hours of the morning was not condusive to reading, so I took to watching the odd DVD instead.

I had a pile of DVD's waiting watching - among them a were 10 remastered  DVD's of James Bond films, and over the last few days I have viewed all these. There were, however about a hundred other films still left to look at! So I have made a start on these!

Among the ones I have enjoyed have been Chaplin, the Richard Attenborough Biopic of his life, A Chorus Line, also directed by Richard Attenborough, and based on the Marvin Hamlisch musical of the same name, and Iris, the biopic of the life of the novelist Iris Murdoch.

No comments:

Post a Comment