Tuesday 1 June 2010

Austwick Cuckoo Fair

Hello there all you blog readers. It's Ruby here slaving over a hot keyboard today! I thought you would all like to know what I have been up to.

Well it was Bank Holiday Monday yesterday, so we (that is Him 'n' Her and Olivia and Mollie) spent the day at Austwick, where they have a Cuckoo Fair. It consists of lots of stalls along the village green and the streets in the centre of the village. There were crowds of people there. The road we go down to the village on was chock a block with parked cars. We were lucky to find a spot nearly in the village!

The picture below was taken long before all the crowds had arrived.



We saw lots of decorated cuckoos, and I liked this one which was called Albird Einstein.




I'll bet you all know about the cuckoo laying its eggs in other birds nests, so the other birds have to bring up the young cuckoos!



This one had a sign on the van which said "This is an ex Cuckoo!"



The press were there in force and I thought that they had heard about my success in the Waggiest Tail competition and come to photograph me!



It was a warm sunny day, and someone had very kindly put out a large bowl of water so that we dogs could have a cool drink of water.



I saw some amazing animals on show. These were some alpacas.



This was one of the baby ones, which had been shorn.




There was a selection of vintage cars, and I thought that this one would be ideal for Hannah for her wedding car!



We had a super day!
See you all soon.
Lots of love,
Ruby.


1 comment: