Tuesday 22 June 2010

Then Along Come Three All At Once

It's a bit like waiting for a bus. None come for ages and ages, then along come three! Except I wasn't waiting for a bus and only two of what I wasn't waiting for came along!

Let me explain!

Things seemed to be proceeding smoothly. Nana is back home and making excellent progress. The wedding plans are moving foward a pace. The weather has been kind. I got some lovely presents for Fathers day, and then...........

Saturday evening the good lady was cooking some chips in the oven, and switched them off whilst she took a phone call. I was upstairs on the computer, when I was summoned urgently. "The oven's not working" was the cry. I suggested that it maybe wasn't switched on - but it was. I suggested it was maybe on the timer setting - but it wasn't. Everything else on the oven appeared to be in full working order - the fan was blowing, the grill was working, the time light was on etc, but no heat for the oven.

I had to take the other half over to Ilkley first thing on Sunday morning, and then had two days on my own. By a simple process of deduction it seemed obvious that the element must have burned out, and this proved to be the case. A new element was fitted and the oven is back in full working order!

Then tonight I went to lock up the garage door and found that the key was badly bent. I turned the key to lock the door, and it broke off in the lock mechanism - unfortunately after I had locked the door! Luckily I had got Ruby's food out for tomorrow, but there is no way I can get the remains of the yale key out of the lock. So tomorrow morning it will be a call for a locksmith to come and do his breaking and entering!

I wonder if, like the buses, there will be a third.................

No comments:

Post a Comment