Sunday 27 June 2010

What a Waste of Time!

This one by Frank Lampard was disallowed! WHY?
The pictures say it all!


Miroslav Klose's first goal

Upsons goal for England score now 2 - 1 to Germany


Lampard's disallowed goal. WHY?


I am no football pundit. Truth to tell I have no interest in the game, but it being the world cup I felt it might just be the right time to show a little bit of interest in the game.


I watched the two opening matches between England & USA and England & Algeria, and concluded that I could have seen a more interesting and skilful game played by the local under 10's team.


However as our team had struggled through to the last 16 I thought I would at least give it another try. In all honesty, all I can really say is "What a waste of time!" I saw an English side who were totally outplayed and outclassed by a German side. Apart from the goal scored by Upson, and a disallowed goal from Frank Lampard, there was little to raise the spirits from the English team.


On the other hand the German side seemed to run rings around the English defence. (Was there any English defence I am asking myself?) It was a wonder that the final score wasn't more like 6 - 1. It was only the work of the England goalkeeper David James who kept the German score as low as it was!

2 comments:

  1. Think you'll find the England Goalie is David James, Robert Green was the goalie for the first game!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEw pic of disallowed goal added and goalies name corrected!

    ReplyDelete