Tuesday 2 February 2010

LWM for the Household

A new era began in this household on Saturday.

Let me explain. I had used the microwave to heat my morning coffee as I usually do, and no problems, but at “Elevenses” time, I again put a beaker of coffee into the microwave to heat it up, and after the usual 1minute 30 seconds, I opened the door and got the coffee out to discover it was stone cold.

Thinking I may have set the heat setting to 10% rather than 100% I had another try, with the same results. I then tried the grill, which was working perfectly, but after a third attempt at heating coffee with the same results as the previous two attempts I decided that the microwave section of the machine had gone on strike.

After consulting the Amalgamated Union of Microwaves (to ascertain that there were no strikes pending), and ensuring that it was being paid at least the minimum wage and had no grievances I reluctantly decided that it was in need of further care, or that it had died.

Not being an expert in microwave resuscitation, I took it along to Mr Hardy in Saltaire, and he re assured me that he would be able to nurse it back to life. I am now sitting by the phone awaiting his prognosis.

Oh! - You're probably wondering what LWM is.......


Life Without Microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment