Saturday 18 March 2017

With Nicola Sturgeon at the head it's more a feeling of "Scotland the Mad" rather than "Scotland the Brave"

My wife and I enjoy visiting Scotland - in fact we have spent a great deal of time there during our holidays over the past twenty or more years, but I really am beginning to wonder what on earth some of the Scots people are thinking of when they back Nicola Sturgeon.

When I read about and hear her demands for a Scotland free from England I detect the ranting and raving of a person seeking to fulfil her own power mad wishes. Her demands for a second vote on independence in the face of what seems to be not a great deal of support smacks of her uninformed seeking after power. It seems that in the current political climate (and I am sorry to say that I have to include England in this as well) there is a type of thinking which says "If I don't get the result I want from a referendum I will call for a second referendum!" In England we have had this over the result of the referendum to leave the EU. Now the Scots are demanding a second referendum over independence, and Nicola Sturgeon is heading the fight for independence.

Thank goodness the the indomitable Theresa May has stood up against her demands and it seems that there will be no voting a second time, at least until England has triggered Article 50 and finally withdrawn from the EU.

If Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP get their way it could mean that whenever I go "over the border" I may be required to show my passport, exchange my currency and goodness only knows what else!

I have always found the Scottish people to be very hospitable and friendly whenever I have been there. Please don't let Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP spoil our friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment