Friday 3 March 2017

The Saga with Virgin Media Continues..........

In my last post I told of the problems with Virgin Media Customer Service.

Well after a couple of days, (to recover from the trauma!) I made contact with them again. I had to go through the whole silly and time wasting rigmarole I mentioned previously, and eventually I got to speak to a real live person. She began by asking me the questions I had previously been asked (presumably for identification purposes) - so I cut to the chase, and gave her all the answers she would need before she asked any questions, and concluded it by saying that I had already supplied various people within the company with this information, and now knew the answers to the questions before they were asked!

I eventually was passed to a technical operator, and once again explained my problem - namely that the catch up Tv section would not let me put in my four digit pin number. To preclude the time wasting rigmarole I also explained that I had turned off and re booted the digibox, so there was no need for this to be done again (It had been done by a technician previously, despite the fact that I told them I had already done this!) - It made no difference to my problem. To be fair to this technician, he said hold the line a couple of minutes and I will pass you over to someone who may be able to help you. (The couple of minutes turned out to be nearer twelve!) but eventually I got another technician. He seemed to know what I was talking about and after trying various solutions (None of which worked!!) he came to the conclusion the the Virgin Zapper was at fault and is sending me a new one. 

It will take "between one and three days to arrive" which doesn't really help me as the programme I was wanting to watch is no longer available on catch up after two more days.
I laughingly suggested that he might like to send the zapper air mail.

Watch this space for updates............

No comments:

Post a Comment