Friday 31 March 2017

A Pat on the Back for Virgin Media!

Last week I received information from Virgin Media that they were requiring all users of their internet service to upgrade their hubs before Saturday 1st April. Is this an early April Fools Day Stunt I asked myself? However, when I read a little more about it I saw that they would be sending me a new hub completely free of charge! Then my mind went back to the saga of the Virgin TV Zapper (see my blog of 27.02.17.) and I was filled with horror. Would I again be going through the "press one for... press two for..." etc?

The new hub arrived and I unpacked it. There inside the box was a new 3.0 hub, a hub 3.0 power unit, a hub 3.0 wall plug and a spanner (to disconnect the HDMI cable from the old router and fasten it securely to the new one. There was also a rather lavish booklet entitled "Setting Up Your Virgin Media 3.0 Hub" Before attempting to set up the new hub I carefully read through the instructions and followed them to the letter.

Then my eye caught the sentence on the front of the booklet which stated "You'll need to call our automated line to get your services on line" Ha! I thought. Here we go again! Much to my amazement after pressing three number selections I got through to a real live person - a technical advisor, who pressed the necessary buttons at his end and then told me my hub wasn't connecting and he would have to send a technician round to my house, but he concluded by saying "Don't go off the line, I'll give it another try" Much to my amazement some ten minutes later I was up and running!

Well Done Virgin Media!

No comments:

Post a Comment