Thursday 16 March 2017

Now We Know Who Keeps The Government In Order

Let me state right from the outset that I am not a political animal. I regard politics and most politicians as a necessary evil, but I sometimes wonder if some of the serving members of Parliament are "worth their salt"

How could Chancellor Philip Hammond, in his recent budget, decide to put up national insurance for the self employed? DIdn't he remember that only a few months previously one of the manifesto promises was that this wouldn't happen?

In response to question by SNP's Alex Salmond on who first realised that the government was in flagrant breach of their manifesto commitment - was it the Chancellor or was it the Prime Minister? he stated, "I think credit where credit's due. I think it was actually Laura Kuennsberg. It was on the BBC shortly after I'd said it in the budget speech."

Really! Doesn't the right hand know what the left hand is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment