Saturday 11 March 2017

Everything Comes To He Who Waits, As Long As He Waits Long Enough

On Monday 27th February I first contacted Virgin Media about the problems I was having with my Catch Up TV not selecting certain programmes. After interminable problems I finally got through to a real live person - not a series of recorded messages, A whole day was wasted by the people at Customer Service who really didn't seem capable of solving my problems, even after I got through to the technical staff.

A second day was wasted again trying to get through to a real live person, and eventually a technical assistant decided that my zapper was at fault, He promised me I would have a new one in three working days.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but when nothing had arrived by Monday 6 March I thought I would have another attempt at speaking to a real live person in Customer Services. I eventually got a person who asked me the usual questions: name, address, postcode, account number, how do I pay my bill, which bank do I use. I was really surprised he didn't ask me my blood group! I told him I had supplied all this information to two of his colleagues previously, but he cheerfully explained it was "for security purposes" - I think I could have got into the Bank of England vaults with greater ease!

However he did find my details and couldn't understand why I hadn't received a replacement zapper, and promised to "put one in the post". I told him I had been promised this a week previously, so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened. Before he went off the line I asked him "How do you get directly through to a real person, not a series of pre recorded questions?" and he gave me a means of doing this. I also pointed out that first impressions were that the Virgin Media Customer Service Phone system seemed to be full of helpful hints, that is until you got the Press one for.... press two for... etc etc. I told him it was almost impossible to speak to a real live person. I suggested that he contacted Richard Branson with my comments. I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm not expecting a response from Richard!!!!!

Surprise, surprise! On Friday morning you will never guess what came through the letter box...........

One brand new Virgin Media zapper, complete with new batteries. I am still suffering from the shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment