Monday 10 January 2011

A Surprise Visitor

The area where I live in is what is known as "Bingley Rural" (when it comes round to election times!) and although it is not a town, and although we have fields at the rear of our house, which reach up to the skyline, I have never really thought of it as rural, until today, when I got a glimpse of rural life!

There isn't a river too close by, but a heron settled in the field behind our house, and in fact it is the second time I have seen one in the field in recent times. I happened to have my camera to hand, so I took a few shots of it.








It stayed around for most of the morning, standing very still as though it was waiting for a fish to leap out of the field, then eventually it must have got fed up of waiting, and it flew off!

No comments:

Post a Comment