Tuesday 25 January 2011

A Bit About the Blog.....

One of the interesting things about writing a blog is that you never know who is going to read it. My first blogs tended to be comments on newspaper articles, and were usually extremely critical of the content of the articles. Getting a comment on the blog can be a double edged sword. Those who agree with you usually leave some very pleasant comment, and those who don't can somtimes leave comments that seem to have been written in vitriol!


When I first started putting this blog up I often got comments from some (what I can only describe as a) mad Chinaman! They were always in Chinese, but fortunately there is a translate system on the computer. They were usually comments that were completely irrelevant to my written piece, and probably full of deep oriental mysticism, but they failed to impress me and so I duly removed them from my blog comments. After a little while I think the said Chinaman got the message, as they stopped appearing!


My blog has evolved into something of a "Mrs Dales Diary" on the life of the Bentley Clan. I try to do a piece for the blog every day, and if possible illustrate it with photos (most of which I have taken myself.)


All this is a very long winded introduction to three comments I received over the last couple of days. None of them were tagged to the blog. Two came via e mails and one was by word of mouth.


Our very dear friends Sue & Gordon obviously follow my blog. I got this comment from Sue:- "Many thanks for keeping me so entertained"

Dots best friend, Judy, (from schooldays) made passing comment about the blog whilst she was talking to Dot on the phone yesterday.

All the way from the States Ros, who was Dot's nursing buddy at HGH sent an e mail which commented on how she had enjoyed reading the blog, and that Dean, her husband, had "put it on my laptop."

Do keep reading my blog. It is interesting to know that it is not just the immediate family who are reading it, from time to time! Comments are always welcome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment