Thursday 2 December 2010

When Icicles Hang By The Wall

Those of you who know your Shakespeare will recognise the title of today's blog:-

"When Icicles hang by the wall
And Dick the Shepherd blows his nail
And milk comes frozen home in pail....."

Well we certainly had some superb specimans of icicles hanging by the house wall today. I first noticed them when I drew back the curtains this morning. There they were right outside the bedroom window, then as I looked to the right I saw even more, and larger icicles. They bear out the fact that we have had some extremely low temperatures over the last few nights.

We have lived in our house for sightly more than forty years, and in all that time I cannot recall seeing icicles the size of those that were hanging outside today!

This was the view of them from outside the house.


Getting up close, and taking a shot from the bedroom window just reveals the size of them!



It's been another day of cancellations. This time both the concert we had arranged at Wrose, and the concert we had arranged at Heaton have been called off by the people we were giving the concerts for. When I phoned round all the members of the Male Voice Choir this morning there was an almost audible sigh of relief!

I had a phone call from one of the local undertakers asking if I could play for a funeral at Nab Wood Crematorium tomorrow morning, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have another heavy fall of snow tonight!

I've removed almost seven inches of snow from the roof of the car this morning, and cleared two tracks down the drive, and sprinkled plenty of rock salt on the drive, so there shouldn't be any problem with getting out of Cottingley!


No comments:

Post a Comment