Friday 3 December 2010

Growing Icicles, Low Temperatures and a Dusting of Sparkles

The icicles are growing after the rather cool evening yesterday! If you compare the photos I took yesterday with the one below you can see that they have most certainly grown!



The photo below was taken about 9.oo am.



When I got into the car this morning to take Dot to work, I really thought that the thermometer was on the blink. It was showing - 10.5 before I set off, and by the time I had got down the road it had dropped to -11.00! This is what it was showing after I got back home.





With temperatures this low who needs a freezer? Just stick your food outside and let mother nature do the work for you!

By now the sun had risen and was shining on the garage roof next door. It really looked as though someone had sprinkled the snow with diamonds. There was sparkle everywhere.



It as just as sparkly in the field behind out house too.







No comments:

Post a Comment