Sunday 12 December 2010

Christmas is Coming.........

Do you realise that there are only 12 more days to Christmas Day?

I really don't know where the time has gone. It only seems like a few days ago that we were thinking it's a long time to Christmas, and now Wow! it's nearly here! I think it suddenly struck me on Saturday, when we sang a Christmas Concert for a chapel in Riddlesden. Prior to this I don't seem to have heard much in the way of Christmas Carols or Christmas Songs on either the radio or TV.

I played for a couple of Nativity plays last week at a local Primary School, and I have two more performances to play for this week. Looking at my calendar I see that I have a Christmas Dinner to attend on Monday evening with my TIC colleagues (at Skipton Golf Club), then on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning the two Nativity performances, and on Wednesday afternoon I'm giving a talk to a group called A Cornucopia of Christmas Carols and Christmas music, which consists of a pared down version of the Lessons & Carols and some of the better known Christmas Songs.

I have a wedding to play for on Saturday 18th at 2.oo pm, then on Sunday morning after the service will be a run through for the church Nativity Play and Christingle Service, and Sunday evening is the Festival of Lessons & Carols!

No comments:

Post a Comment