Friday 1 January 2010

Welcome 2010

Well here we all are in 2010.

I wonder how many of you have made New Year Resolutions, and more to the point how many of you have already broken them!

I haven't made any New Year Resolutions myself - so there is little chance of me breaking any! I have, however, decided to be a bit more organised right from the word "go!" and spent most of this morning sorting out all the dates to go in the 2010 diary and desk diary and also put them on the computer calendar.

It's amazing how much needs to go into the diaries and on to the computer. I've already entered 32 wedding details which have been booked for 2010, into the two diaries and on to the computer. The details include date and time of the wedding. Names of the couple who are to be married. Telephone contact numbers. The vicar officiating (important, as I can have any one of six different vicars to take a wedding due to the fact that All Saints is the head of the Bingley cluster and they are

The Revd Gary Hodgson
The Revd Helen Hodgson based at St Michael & All Angels, Cottingley

The Revd Derek Jackson
The Revd Joan Jackson based at All Saints Bingley and also attached to St Lawrence Eldwick

The Revd Andrew Clark based at Holy Trinity Bingley and also attached to St Wilfrid's Gilstead and St Aidan's Crossflats, and

The Revd Chris Low (living in Eldwick) with responsibility for mission and outreach within the cluster.

More weddings will doubtless appear during the course of 2010, and there will be the regular addition of funerals too.

Plus talks on "My Kind of Music", booked for April, July and December, as well as all the regular events:

Eldwick & Gilstead Male Voice Choir Practices (concert already booked for December!)
Piano playing at Crossflatts Primary School
Day Voluntary at Skipton Tourist Information Centre
Church Choir Practices


I've printed off four copies of the years wedding bookings, so there is a copy in my office, a copy in my music briefcase, a copy on the organ and a copy in the back of the kitchen desk diary!

I've also removed all the old diaries and calendars, printed off a list of all the hymns copied for weddings during 2009 - a list of these has to be submitted to the CCL (Church Copyright Licencing Authorities) each year, cleared our home noticeboards of last years debris, and emptied out all the Christmas present wrapping paper etc. into the bins for recycling. I've just about finished cataloguing all the DVD's and CD's and books I've got over the Christmas period, and by tomorrow everything should be shipshape and "Bristol Fashion"

I can now find the computer keybord without having to move piles of correspondence!

Who knows? By tomorrow I may be able to swing the proverbial cat around the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment