Tuesday 5 January 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - And It Did!

Yesterday the local weather forecast for the Bradford area was a heavy snowfall, due to commence about 06.00, and, amazingly, for once, they just about got it right!

I was awakened by Ruby barking at about 07.30 (I think it was probably the milkman delivering the milk!) so I had a peep out of the curtains. Sure enough we had had a fall of about 4 inches of snow. As it was more or less undisturbed I decided I would take a few photos (from the relative warmth of our bedroom!)


07.30 This Morning


07.30 This Morning


Snow on the telephone wires


The Back Garden






Front Garden



08.45 This Morning



08.45 This Morning


View up the Fields 08.45


It’s quite amazing how once the snow has fallen; everything seems to be shrouded in silence. It’s probably just that the snow absorbs a lot of the ambient sound, but the fall of the snow and the silence brings with it a wonderful soporific feeling.

I presume that the local school was closed this morning as I didn’t see (or hear) any schoolchildren, which I usually do from about 07.45 onwards.







No comments:

Post a Comment