Sunday 1 November 2009

Teaching Colleagues from the Past

It was a bit like a trip down Memory Lane yesterday. Let me explain….

For some while I had had a concert arranged with my Male Voice Choir. We had been invited to do a combined concert with a local Ladies Choir. The conductor of the Ladies Choir used to be the Deputy Head Teacher at the third school I taught in, and I hadn’t seen her for about thirty years.

We arrived at the concert, and during the interval I was greeted by another colleague from the Middle School I was Head of Music at.

At the end of the concert, the accompanist of the ladies choir came across and introduced herself to me. She had been the music teacher at an adjoining Middle School to the school I last taught in!

A little while later one of the staff from my last school introduced herself to me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment