Wednesday 18 November 2009

Nero Burning ROM

Here we are on Wednesday, and the last blog I did was dated Saturday 14th November! You may well be wondering why!

Well you see it’s just a little matter of a computer which refuses to do what it’s supposed to do! Let me explain……

I play the piano for a local Primary School, and they are commencing to work on their Nativity Play. The music for this is on a CD, and I much prefer for the children to sing to “live” music – i.e. me playing the piano.

However, one of the little Christmas ditties they had already learnt before I started playing the Nativity music for them was to the tune of See Saw Marjory Daw, but what they had learnt bore little resemblance to the tune I knew for See Saw Marjory Daw! – so I brought the CD home, to copy it, so that I could play their tune.

For some totally unknown reason my computer has decided that it doesn’t want to copy any CD’s at the moment. It goes through all the motions, even tells me that it has cached the appropriate tracks and when I insert a blank CD it tells me that it has burnt the tracks on to the CD, but it is patently obvious that it hasn’t, because

1) the CD has not revolved
2) The time taken to burn the tracks is far too short!

Believe it or not, I have spent about six hours in total trying to solve this little problem, and all to no avail.

I use the programme Nero Burning ROM, which has always behaved itself before, but not at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment