Sunday 1 November 2009

Christmas is Coming.....

It’s only 53 days to Christmas!

I don’t know about you, but the period leading up to Christmas has always been a bit chaotic in our household. You see there are the usual Christmas celebrations, all the Christmas Services I have to play for at church, (an Advent Carol Service on December 5th, a Christingle Service, a Nativity Play, Two Toddlers Praise Christmas Services, Carol Singing at the local hotel, and a Festival of Lessons and Carols plus a Midnight Service on December 24th, followed by a Christmas Eucharist on the morning of December 25th) and two birthdays to celebrate as well – mine on December 22nd and my wife’s on December 31st.

Add to this the fact that five years ago I got asked to be the Santa on the local Pennine Boat Trips, which usually entails three Saturdays before Christmas, and often weekdays as well, and I often get a last minute request to play the jolly white bearded and red coated gentleman at one or other of the Nursery classes in our local Primary Schools. Reluctantly because of all the extra commitments (see below) I have had to hand in my whiskers red coat this year!

Just for fun throw in a Male Voice Choir Practice on a Monday evening, two singing sessions with the children in a local Primary School during the day on Tuesdays, a full day at a Tourist Information Centre on a Wednesday, and a Church choir practice on a Thursday, and I am sure you will appreciate that my timetable is beginning to get a little full!

This year, in addition to all this I find that I have three weddings booked to play for in December (11th, 22nd and 28th) and three talks to give on Dec 2nd, 7th and 10th, and three Christmas concerts with my Male Voice choir on Saturday 5th, 12th and Monday 14th.

I have already decided what I want for Christmas – an early Christmas present of 36 hours a day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment