Monday 2 November 2009

Nostalgia from the 45's!

About three blogs back I started discussing my collection of 45’s and LP’s under the title 45’s, LP’s and Record Players. I mentioned the development of records from breakable shellac material to the new 7” 45’s and commented on one of my teenage “heroes” – Lonnie Donegan.

So I thought I’d continue and take a nostalgic trip through some of the 45’s and LP’s.

I wonder how many of you can recall the Tornadoes (their hit was Telstar – I think it got this title because somewhere around this time the Americans had launched a satellite into orbit, and named it Telstar.)






How about Dawn [featuring Tony Orlando] (their hit – Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree),






or the Australian group The Seekers (Morningtown Ride, A World of our own, I Know I’ll Never Find Another You etc)




More recently, do you remember Bonnie Tyler – the Welsh Lassie with a gravel voice and her hit Total Eclipse of the Heart.



What about Joe Brown & the Bruvvers (That’s What Love will Do)



or Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas (Little Children),



Wink Martindale (Deck of Cards),




Ricky Nelson (Hello Marylou, Goodbye Heart),





Cliff Richard (Bachelor Boy – from the film Summer Holiday),




Rod Stewart (Sailing),




Ralph McTell (Streets of London)





or B Bumble & the Stingers (Nut Rocker – very loosely based on the Overture from the Nutcracker Suite!)




I could go on, but that’s more than enough nostalgia for one day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment