Sunday 28 November 2010

'Sno(w) Use Complaining If it's Going to Snow it will Snow


I don't know if you ever follow the weather forecasts (I only tend to do it if I think the weather is going to affect my plans) but just out of interest today I thought I would have a look at all the ones I have saved on my computer. (I have a practice scheduled for the Eldwick & Gilstead Male Voice Choir at St Wilfrid's Church Hall tomorrow night, and I don't want to be caught out if there is to be a bad fall of snow.) Also some of the members travel from Otley, Eccleshill, and Idle so it only seems fair that if the weather is due to be bad we will cancel the practice.


So how do they compare???


These are the results for BD16............


Sunday pm Monday

Yahoo Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy

GMTV Sunny Sunny Intervals

BBC Sunny with light snow 18.00 Sunny with heavy snow 03.00

Met Office Light Snow Shower 18.00 Light Snow Shower 03.00

Met Office Invent Heavy Snow showers S and W Yorkshire up to 10 cm on hills

TWC Partly Cloudy Light Snow at Night

Met Check Cloudy Light Snow at 18.00

Accu Weather Cloudy 4.6 cms snow at night


The general concensus of opinion seems to be that it will be cloudy today and there will be some snow tomorrow. As I am typing this (16.10) the snow has blown in from across Bingley Moor and it is snowing in Cottingley right now! A few minutes ago you could see right up to "Dick Hudson's" and the caravans on Shipley Glen. Now there is nothing beyond the local house rooftops!

No comments:

Post a Comment