Sunday 21 November 2010

Animal World

It's an all animal feature today!



I am led to believe that the patter of tiny paws will soon be heard in the Martin household. It seems that Macy is pregnant, and due to give birth sometime in the not too distant future - about a week or two!

Dot was looking out of the back bedroom window earlier this week and she called me to have a look at what she thought she was seeing. I grabbed my camera and lo and behold, there was a Magpie perched on the head of a sheep! Enlarge the pictures and you will see what I mean.



The sheep seemed totally unfazed by this, and on closer examination I could see why. The Magpie was actually pecking ticks out of the sheeps wool. It was later joined by its mate, and the two of them spent a few minutes "cleaning the sheep up", before moving on to the sheep on the left of this shot!


I've seen shots of birds doing this to jungle animals, but never to domesticted farm animals before!



No comments:

Post a Comment