Thursday 18 November 2010

Information Storage


Those of you who follow my blog will have noticed how conspicuous I have been by my absence during the early part of the month of November! This has been due to the fact that I managed to wipe off the records of someting like 800 CD's, and there was no way that I have been able to recover them, so I have been busy re typing all the necessary details of these CD's!

The good news is that I have at this moment re catalogued 619 of them so far, so am now past the half way mark!

At the same time as typing in all the details I have listened to quite a goodly proportion of the CD's, and rediscovered music I had long forgotten. It is a mammoth task, because all the CD's I have compiled myself have needed their details typing on to the CD's themselves, so that when they are playing you have a readout of what the title of the track is, and who the artist is, as well as the length of the track!

It's been a long, slow and laborious process, but, as I was told by the guy who built me my first computer, - if you are using it to catalogue things, the more information you input, the more versatile and useful the catalogue is!

As I have catalogues for LP's (remember those 12" black vinyl discs?), Cassettes, CD's, DVD's, Books, and Talking Cassettes & CD's - there is quite a vast amount of information stored! I also have catalogues for colour slides and between 2,000 & 3,000 digital photographs stored as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment