Sunday 1 August 2010

Time is Gradually Ticking Away.......

It's quite amazing, but I have found that as you get to the last two or three weeks before a wedding time seems to speed up. Either that, or you suddenly discover that you still have a hundred, and one things to do before "the Day"!

I've just been running through the check list I have kept to see what still has to be done.

The first job on the agenda is a funeral to play for at Bingley All Saints, then, hopefully, the good lady will finally find the handbag to match the shoes she has bought. As we will no doubt be in Harrogate, it might also be a good idea to call in to Caines Florists, to settle the bill for the brides buoquet, the bridesmaid's buoquets, the buttonholes, etc.etc.

On Wednesday I will need to contact Rev. Gary Hodgson to check that the banns certificate has been duly filled in, and is ready for collection. The rule is - no banns certificate no wedding - so this is just a little bit important!

That takes us up to Thursday when, if my memory serves me correctly, Time & Time (the menwear hire shop in Ilkley) said they would have our suits etc. in, so we could try them on prior to the wedding, and if there were any alterations needed that will give them time to be done before the wedding.

I think there is also a plan afoot to take Nana to either a shop in Ilkley, or Rag Doll in Pudsey to get her outfit.

That brings me round to Friday, when, believe it or not, I have a wedding to play for!

There's still a table plan to sort out, flowers to order from Rustic Garden for the church displays, sleeping arrangements for the bride and her bridesmaids to arrange, a put-u-up bed to collect from Ilkley, and a wedding rehearsal to attend next week! [Thursday 12th August at 7.30 pm at All Saints Bingley - for those who are involved! See my e mail to you if you are involved.]

Other than that my week is amazingly empty of events!!

No comments:

Post a Comment