Friday 30 July 2010

They Say Things Happen in Threes......

Just when I thought things were progressing well my printer decided to give up the ghost. For a little while when I had printed anything it had told me that mechanical parts inside the printer are coming to the end of their servicable life. Now, two weeks before Hannah's wedding (with my Bride's Father's Speech on the computer) the d----d printer decides to die on me! As the speech is 5 pages long I didn't fancy writing it all out by hand, so that meant having to buy a new printer.



One very useless Epson Stylus C64 Printer


Epson Stylus All-in-One Copier/Printer SX 415


Having done a bit of market research, and read independent reviews of various printers, I decided to purchase an Epson Stylus All-in-One Copier/Printer SX415. The original price for this wonder of modern technology was in the region of £75.00, but on visiting various web sites I found it on sale at just under £50.00. When I contacted one of the sites (Comet) I found that they could certainly sell me one, but there would be a delivery charge of £10.95 and it would take about a week to 10 days for delivery. (Sorry Sir, there are none available in the shop.) What a con!


I contacted Epson direct on their website, and was told I could have the printer/copier at the same price, with NO DELIVERY CHARGE, and if I ordered before 13.00 it would be delivered the next day. You don't need to be a genius to guess who got my business!!


I mentioned that I would not be in the next day, and could it be left at a neighbour's house. The response was that usually if the customer wasn't in they left a note and you rang back to arrange a suitable time for it to be re delivered (AGAIN AT NO COST!) However, the delivery man used his common sense and left a note through our letter box telling me that the goods had been left next door.
So far the results of the copying and printing have lived up to the advertised claims, and I have been delighted with it.




The damaged rear end of my car (Can you even see it?????)


You may be wondering why the above photograph has appeared, Well this is number two in the list of disasters! Yesterday we went up to Skipton, and I was parked on the setts. When it came time to move I checked that there was nothing behind me on the High Street and began to reverse out of the space. As the car on my right was quite close to me, as I reversed I looked to the right to check that I wasn't going to scratch it.

Unknown to me some silly driver, whilst I was checking that I wasn't going to catch the car next to me (I will resist the urge to tell you the sex of the driver!!!) had parked across the back of me and (of course) it got a slight tap from me, causing a dent in the front nearside wheel arch!

You can tell how fast I was going, by the amount of damage done to the plastic rear offside wing of my car. It's only in close up that you can see anything! Just a slight graze on the plastic, which can no doubt be made good by some firm like "Chips Away"




Oh, by the way, I didn't tell you why I had gone to Skipton, in the first place........


It was to have an eye test and get a new pair of spectacles - and before you think it - NO I AM NOT BLIND!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment