Wednesday 1 January 2014

Three Sisters (not forgetting their other halves!)

As the years pass by (and as I grow older) I find that I am becoming more philosophical. – Let me explain. Since we had the new kitchen fitted my good lady had a wall plaque put up on the kitchen wall which reads “Family is Everything” Being the sort of cynical soul that I thought I was, my thoughts were Hmm! A sentimental piece of kitchen decoration. Ideal to catch the eye of a female would be purchaser! However after this Christmas, I have to admit that there could be some truth in it!!! Our three girls have come up trumps yet again. Over the Christmas period they have cooked/baked etc. lots of delicious food which has been supplied to the doddery old parents to be consumed at our meals/parties etc. (as they say on Come Dancing,) “In No Particular Order” I think of Rachel’s delicious gammon cooked in Coca Cola, Sarah’s home made nibbles, bags of nuts and crisps, and Hannah’s home cooked turkey and roast potatoes. On top of this there have been some very suitable and thoughtful birthday and Christmas presents. I know that Mum was most touched with her surprise Pandora Bracelet, presented to her yesterday, and I have been delighted with all the “smellies”, and books I have got! Thanks Girls. You really are the tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment