Monday 30 December 2013

This Time of Year.....

This is the time of year when my life starts to get some semblance of normality! From the beginning of December,until Boxing Day, I find that I have untold numbers of Church services to play for. In addition to these I have things like a Christingle Service, A Children's Nativity Play Service, A Bingley Live Nativity Play (which circulates around Bingley) - the choir providing a commentary to the events by carols they sing. Then for some unexplicable reason, there always seems to be a glut of funerals in the weeks preceding Christmas, and the undertakers are constantly phoning me. For the first time ever I found myself with the possibility of three funeral services to play for on the same day, but as the first funeral was only two hours apart from the last funeral, I had to say that I couldn't manage all three! Boxing Day usually heralds the start of the sales season. Over the years I have noticed that there are always some good bargains to be had, if you are prepared to do a bit of searching through all the offers on Amazon. Considering myself a bit of a film buff I have, over the years collected quite a goodly number of films on Video, and DVD. I particularly collect old black and white classics, so I was delighted to see the original Universal films of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and The Bride of Dracula all going for a bargain price in a 4 DVD Box Set! The British film organisation called Hammer Films, produced some very entertaining horror films on the theme of Dracula, Frankenstein etc. during the 60's and a box set of their short films made for Tv was another bargain I picked up. The 20 DVD Box Set of Morecambe & Wise contains all their work for the BBC and is an absolute "gem". I have managed to collect a few other bargains from Amazon's DVD department too.
This afternoon I managed to sit down and watch the classic Henry Williamson story of Tarka the Otter.

No comments:

Post a Comment