Thursday 26 December 2013

Bingley Nativity Live

My, how time flies! I see that my last post was in October, and having been in conversation with our dear friend's in the USA I was reminded that I hadn't posted anything for a long time. (I think Ros is suffering from England deprivation!!) - so here goes. Over the past month life has been extremely hectic with church activities and the run up to Christmas. There have been the ususal Sunday services plus a Christingle service, a Crib Service,a Carols by Candle Light Service, a Midnight Mass, a Christmas Mornng Eucharist, Carol Singing round the parish, and, probably the highlight of the Christmas period - The Bingley Live Nativity. This involved a full cast of the usual characters - Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, Gabriel, Angels, Shepherds, Three Kings a live donkey, a flock of sheep, and an Innkeepers wife played by none other than Dorothy Bentley!! This event got a two page spread in the local Bradford Newspaper the Telegraph and Argus!

No comments:

Post a Comment