Sunday 13 October 2013

Tales of a Bargain Hunter!

Those of you who follow my adventures whilst on holiday may have noticed that I have not yet mentioned the purchase of second hand CD’s DVD’s and Books from Charity shops. Fear not, I have not forgotten! So what did I arrive home with this year?? Well fifty five CD’s, eleven DVD’s and thirteen books – total cost for the lot? Would around £50 sound reasonable? Well that’s about what they all cost! But let’s back track a little bit first. Whenever we go up to Arran I always take a pile of CD’s, DVD’s, LP’s, Cassettes, Books and Video Tapes, and these are donated to ARCAS – The ARran CAncer Support Shop – or ARCAS for short. The problem is I then purchase a goodly number of the CD’s DVD’s and books on offer at charity shops on Arran, Berwick upon Tweed, Melrose, Kelso and Wooler, so I usually arrive back home with nearly as much as I have donated! – Ah well there’s always next year!!! Being the organised kind of person I am (Dot would say I am paranoid!!) I usually have a “Wants list”. This year I was successful in finding some bargain second hand goods which were on my “wants list” A set of six DVD’s of Ian Rankin’s Inspector Rebus was the prize discovery. Still in their original sealed box for just £3.99! A CD of Johnny Mathis’ Greatest Hits was another item on my “wants list”. The best bargain had to be a set of six James Last CD’s priced at 99p! I also discovered a second hand copy of “You’re Coming With Me Lad” a collection of humourous memoirs of a North Yorkshire bobby ( A sort of policemans James Herriot) which was also on my wants list! So all in all you could say I had a fruitful time searching through the second hand goods!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment