Friday 2 November 2012

Major Operation, but I'm Feeling Much Better Now



Good Morning!

It's your canine chum Ruby here! As a special favour the Lord and Master has allowed me to get my paws on the computer keyboard. It's a little while since I did a blog and I thought you might want to know what has been happening with me recently.

Well on Wednesday I got up as usual, and the usual order of events is I go out to stretch my legs (and do other doggy things) and then come in and have my breakfast. This Wednesday it was different. I hung around hopefully but no breakfast came my way. Then at about 8.45 we went out to the car, and as usual I jumped into the back. Oh, I thought, so that's it - we're going for an early morning ride and maybe a walk.

But by the time we had gone through Shipley we pulled up at the Vets. Ah I thought time for my booster vaccination. I got out of the car and we went into the surgery, and I had my usual annual check up. The vet weighed me, listened to my heart, looked in my ears, checked my paws etc. and then gave me an injection, but then he put a lead on me and led me into the back of the surgery.

Sometime later he gave me another injection and I felt very sleepy.

When I woke up I was still feeling very drowsy and do you know what. I had had some of my fur clipped from my leg!

As you can see here I was still a little sleepy!



If you look closely you can see where the fur is missing from my front right leg.



Here's a close up of it.



Than I discovered that I had had a large piece of fur shaved from my tummy!

When Sarah and his Lordship called to collect me I was still very groggy and I must confess that I don't really remember wandering round to the car. Sarah and his Lordship lifted me in, then when I got home they lifted me out and I wandered groggily down the hall and fell asleep.

By next morning I was feeling much better, and ate a hearty breakfast. Now I'm just waiting to get out and go for a long walk with her Ladyship, but I've been told I have to take things easy and won't be going for long walks until I've been home for ten days!



No comments:

Post a Comment