Tuesday 13 November 2012

As the late Lance Corporal Jones would have said "DON'T PANIC!"

I don't want to cause a panic, but do you realise that it's only another 41 days (NOT SHOPPING DAYS) to Christmas!!

I look at my calendar and always hope that there will be a bit of peace and quiet between now and Christmas Day. Why is it that from now until Christmas Day things seem to come at me thick and fast. I am convinced that time implodes and that there are less than 60 minutes in each hour.

Although I only have 6 more weddings to play for this year, why is it that five of them are in December, and four of those are in the last two weeks before Christmas - just when I need the time to practise the choir for the round of Carol Services, Christingle Services, Crib Services, Street Carol Singing etc?

Completely out of the blue, the Alzheimers Society have requested a Carol Service in Church on Thursday 6th December at 2.00 pm. I even had a phone call on Sunday lunchtime requesting my services to play for a funeral at Nab Wood!

At least, being an ex teacher, I am in the habit of working a few weeks ahead. Music has already been chosen for the Lessons and Carols Service. Next week I should have all the music planned and chosen for all the services up to December 25th, so that we can go into full Christmas Mode with the Choir Practices!

I have been pressed into starring as the fellow with the white beard and red gear for a couple of appearances at Church (both on Sundays and in addition to the organ playing!)



No comments:

Post a Comment