Thursday 29 November 2012

Christmas Bookings.........

You may well remember that a couple of blogs back I made mention of the fact that at this time of year my life becomes rather chaotic due to the number of engagements I have to take on board.

I have just finished sorting out the engagements for December, and the final plan looks something like this.......

Between Dec 1st and Dec 31st I have sixteen church events I am required to be present at. I have various other activities at church - 4 weddings, a Carol Service for the Alzheimer's Society, and a couple of appearances as Father Christmas.

Then I have a wedding to play for at Rudding Park, a talk to give to the Bingley Janus Club, three funerals to play for at Nab Wood, an appearance as Father Christmas at the Cottingley Pre School Playgroup and a service to play for at the Toddlers Praise Group. If you total this lot up, it is 30 events over the next 31 days!

I have had to give back word on another Father Christmas request and accompanying the Nativity Play at one of the local Primary Schools - sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day!

The one good thing is that we are booked in to the Kings Head at Masham for a couple of nights after Christmas. It will be an escape from all the Carols and Ho - Ho - Ho - ing.

Next year I plan to hibernate!

No comments:

Post a Comment